Avantix partners with our customers to preserve historic, corporate and culturally significant collections. Utilising the latest book scanning service technologies, our trained staff will handle your source material with the utmost professionalism and care.
Our book scanning service will preserve and set free the valuable information trapped within your paper books
Images | Searchable PDF | Electronic Database | Full Text Editable | Portable
Focus on Quality
- Our focus on quality starts with the planning of your project. An experienced project team will work with your staff to understand the outcomes required and determine the project methodology to be followed. All of our processes are designed to maintain a high degree of accuracy and accountability throughout the engagement.
Preservation of Source Material
- Avantix scan operators are trained by QLD State Libraries in material handling and preservation techniques, ensuring that each valuable collection is returned in the same condition in which it was received. Our scanning equipment utilises the latest in overhead scan technology with adjustable book cradle, engineered to ensure books remain in their “natural state” during the scanning process, regardless of book thickness.
Through the use of our technology, our mission is to provide the most convenient way of making “digital editions” of valuable books, maps, manuscripts and other archived material available to researchers and all other interested parties.
- Distortion-free, perfect reproductions of bound originals
- only 3D data-based corrective system in the world
- optimal distortion correction, depending upon texture of the original
- works without a glass plate to gently digitise sensitive originals
- automatic page finding/recognition
- Page cropping without book edges and margins
- High-precision book curve finding, even with skewed books
- Book curve correction
- Straightening based on the 3D surface structure with 2 camera systems
- Removal of undesirable elements